Interlibrary Loan (borrowing items from another library)
Our library is connected to other libraries throughout the state and nation. If you can't find an item in this library, ask library staff to help you get it from another library.
How does it work?
- Ask at the circulation desk for an interlibrary loan request (ILL).
- Request form is completed by library staff.
- Patron is notified by telephone when the items are received or when the library has received notification that the materials are unavailable.
- Patron can check out the item for two weeks. If item needs to be renewed we will have to get permission from the lending library.
- There is no fee for ILL for those patrons who qualify for the service.
- Materials requested via ILL must be at least 6 months old.
- ILL is limited to Dyersville city residents, those who have paid for a membership with our library, and residents of those communities who have contracted with the JKPL for library service.