Welcome to the Digital Collection Home Page! The library is proud to offer our patrons access to digital Books, Audiobooks, Magazines, streaming movies, and streaming music. You can access each of our digital collections below.
There are two requirements to use any of our digital collections:
1. You must have a JKPL library card.
2. Use is limited to only those patrons who live within the Dyersville city limits, live in one of the cities that contract with the library for service, or anyone who has paid for a membership with the library. If you are not sure if you are eligible, please contact the library and we can help you figure it out.
eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMagazines
Borrow digital books, audiobooks, and magazines and load them onto a portable device such as a tablet, eReader, or smart device using the Libby app.
- Patrons can download 5 books/audiobooks at a time.
- There are no limits on how many magazines you can check out and they do not count toward the 3 item limit.
- Any item borrowed from BRIDGES has a two week check-out period but items can be returned early.
eBooks, eAudiobooks, Graphic Novels, Music, TV, Movies
Access and enjoy nearly half a million titles, in six different formats: Movies, TV, Music Albums, eAudiobooks , eBooks, and Comics/Graphic Novels. All in one location, from your computer, tablet or smart device! With hoopla, there are no hold lists or special steps to use it - if it is in their catalog you can borrow it. On a mobile device, borrowed content may be temporarily downloaded and accessed offline or, in either the app or on a computer, all borrowed content may be enjoyed while connected to the internet by streaming. Patrons may borrow up to 8 titles per month.
To register, please download the hoopla digital app from your Apple or Google Play store on your mobile device. Or visit their website on your computer using this link. This program is supported by the Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provisions of the American Rescue Plan Act as administered by the State Library of Iowa.Hoopla
Freading© offers tens of thousands of eBooks which are available anytime, anywhere. Users have simultaneous access to all titles. Download the app for free and borrow eBooks and load them onto a tablet, smartphone, or other smart device. Users will need an Adobe ID to use the app. Please note that this app only works on a Smart device and is not compatible with basic e-readers.
Kanopy is an on-demand film streaming service that provides access to more than 30,000 of the world’s best films, including documentaries, hard-to-find titles, film festival favorites, indie and classic films, and world cinema. Films can be streamed from any computer, television, mobile device or platform by downloading the Kanopy app for iOS, Android, AppleTV, Chromecast or Roku. The JKPL agreement provides 10 films per month per patron and resets on the 1st of each month. Once accessed, the film is available for viewing for 72 hours.Kanopy