Friends of the Library
The FRIENDS of the James Kennedy Public Library invite you to be a FRIEND!
What is the FRIENDS?
The FRIENDS is an organization of interested citizens who desire to promote the services of the James Kennedy Public Library and who work together to strengthen its various programs. As FRIENDS of the James Kennedy Public Library, we conduct book sales, help with library programs, interpret needs of the library to the community, and provide volunteer service. When you become a FRIEND of the James Kennedy Public Library, you'll have the year-round satisfaction of knowing that your willingness to be a FRIEND enhances library services for the entire community.
History of FRIENDS:
The James Kennedy Public Library FRIENDS organization was initiated in May, 1988. At that time, a steering committee consisting of the Library Board of Trustees requested public support to help with the formulation of a FRIENDS group. The resulting organization of families, individuals, and businesses has grown over the years. FRIENDS of the James Kennedy Public Library have provided programming, equipment, and services which benefit the entire community.
Examples of Activities:
- Annually sponsor Children's Book Week programs
- Annually sponsor Summer Reading Program events
- Sponsor or co-sponsor various special programs such as author visits and speakers.
- Provide refreshments for library programs
- Sponsor adult education classes such as basic computer and craft classes
- Fund purchase of equipment or speciality items.
Examples of Fund-Raising Activities:
- Annual membership drive
- Used book sale
- Bus trips
Yearly Membership Costs:
$5 - Adult
$10 - Family
$20 - Organization
$50+ - Golden
Donation items the FRIENDS will accept for the book sales:
- All books
- All DVDs
- All CDs (audio, game, or music)
- All magazines that are no more than 2 years old
- All donated items must be in good, usable condition
To contact the FRIENDS please send an email to: email@example.com