Homebound Services: We bring the library to you!
Our homebound services program provides adult services to those who are unable to get to the library because of short/long term illness, non-driver status (senior), physical challenge, or visual disabilities. The lending period for all items is 2-4 weeks depending on your schedule. You can renew materials once as long as no other patron is waiting for them.
What items can be borrowed?
We can deliver books, large print books, movies, magazines, and audiobooks right to your home. Here are a few of the examples you can choose form:
- New Fiction
- New Non-Fiction
In order to qualify for homebound services you must:
- be a resident of Dyersville
- have a library card in good standing (if you do not have a card we can sign you up for one)
- be unable to get to the library because of short/long term illness, non-driver status (senior), physical challenge, or visual disabilities.
How does it work?
- A member of the library staff will call to talk with you about what you like to read, what type of items you want to borrow, and to discuss a delivery schedule.
- We will then schedule a time to come to your home to drop off the materials.
- Partway through the lending period, a a library staff member will contact you to choose a date for your next delivery and to find out what items you want to borrow next.
- Then a library staff member will come to your house to drop off the new items and pick up the items you had borrowed previously.
- We'll keep the schedule going as long as it works for you!
For more information or to sign up please contact the library at (563) 875-8912.