Summer Reading Programs for all ages begin in June!
The theme for all three programs is Reading Colors Your World. Visit our summer reading program page for details on all three programs.
Summer Meals Offered at the JKPL Parking Lot starting June 14
The Western Dubuque Community School District's Food and Nutrition Services Department is proud to continue feeding the kids of our community throughout the summer.
- Meals will be served June 14 thru July 30 from 11:30 am – 12:15 pm. Weekdays only. No meals will be served on July 2.
- Meals are free for all kids 18 and younger regardless of race, color, economic status, sex or disability.
- Meals will be available for pick up via vehicle or walk up outside the library. Children do not need to be present.
- Sack lunches will include the choice of the hot entree of the day or an Uncrustable PBJ sandwich. A large variety of fruits and veggies will be served along with chips and chocolate milk.
- A sack breakfast will also be provided which is intended for the next morning. Each breakfast will include an entree (some may need to be cooked), a fruit serving, and a white milk.
- Menus are posted the day before on the Western Dubuque Facebook page and can be found on their website.
- Funded by the USDA Summer Food Service Program.
- This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
The library is happy to welcome patrons into the library. We are still following COVID-19 safety guidelines in order to keep our staff and patrons safe. Guidelines in place are:
- Masks are requested and appreciated as the CDC recommends unvaccinated individuals to wear a mask in public. Please respect patrons, visitors, and staff by wearing a mask when inside the JKPL.
- We have two rooms available for patrons to use for groups of up to 10 people (social distancing may not feasible).
- Patron visits may be limited to 60 minutes, if needed, due to capacity issues.
- Curbside service continues for those that prefer it.
- We encourage everyone to wash or sanitize their hands upon entering the library.
- Reusable bags are provided upon entry for patrons to use to hold their library materials.
- Returned / handled items will be quarantined for a minimum of 24 hours before being checked in and shelved.
- Events will continue to be virtual or will be held outside.
Monday—Thursday from 9:00 am—8:00 pm
Friday—Saturday from 9:00 am—5:00 pm