SUMMER READING PROGRAMS 2023
Join us this summer for fun, learning, and to find your voice with our summer reading programs for kids, teens, and adults. Don’t forget our wonderful events planned for all ages!
Adults: June 1—August 31
- For those 18 and older.
- Adults are welcome to join anytime during the program.
- Receive a book bag, bookmark, & a free book at registration.
- Pick up a paper log & track books read & activities completed to earn prizes.
- Each completed item earns entries into the prize drawing.
- Sponsored by the Friends of the James Kennedy Public Library.
- Download and print the program flyer/log here or pick one up at the library.
Teens: June 5—July 28
- For students who have completed 6th—12th grades.
- Receive a free book at registration.
- Pick up a game board that includes challenges to read different types of books & use various services available at the library.
- For each color-coded set completed, the participant will earn an entry into the prize drawings.
- Sponsored by TACKL (Teen Advisory Council)
- Download and print the program flyer, game board, and book review forms here. Or pick them up at the library!
Children: June 5—July 28
For children infant through 5th grade (completed).
Sponsored by the Friends of the James Kennedy Public Library.
Download the program flyer here or pick one up at the library.
Kids age 3+
- Will receive a book bag, book, & a ball chain necklace or cable ring at registration.
- Track how many minutes are read to earn beads and brag tags. Attending library events also earns a bead!
- Earn additional books and entries for other special prizes!
- Download the reading log here or pick one up at the library.
Children under age 3
- Receive a page of fun brain-building activities at registration plus a free book.
- Complete all the activities to receive a coupon for a free ice cream cone & a prize from the prize box.
- Download the activity sheet here or pick one up at the library.