SUMMER READING PROGRAMS 2022
The 2022 Summer Reading Programs for all ages has the theme of Read Beyond the Beaten Path. All three programs have some exciting events related to the program theme!
Children (June 6—July 30):
This program is for children infant through 5th grade. Registration begins June 6. Sponsored by the Friends of the James Kennedy Public Library. Download the program flyer here or pick one up at the library.
Kids age 3+
- Upon registration, children will receive a book bag, free book, and other goodies, including a ball chain or keychain.
- Kids earn a bead for each 30 minutes read or event they attend. Download the reading log here or pick one up at the library.
- Sports beads, glow in the dark beads, animal beads, glitter beads, and more will be available, along with a variety of brag tags!
- Earn 12 beads and receive another brag tag, an ice cream coupon, a guess at our marshmallow guessing jar, and an entry into the grand prize drawing.
- Children may earn more than one brag tag and grand prize entry but will only receive one guess at the guessing jar and one ice cream coupon.
- The child who guesses closest on the marshmallow jar will win a tabletop s’more maker and s’more supplies.
- The grand prizes include: An adventure kit (water bottle, Heritage Trail pass, sunglasses and more); a 3 month subscription to Kiwi Crate; and one prize yet to be determined.
Kids 3 and under
- Upon registration, children will receive a free book and page of fun brain-building activities to do with parents or caregivers. Download the sheet here or pick one up at the library.
- Complete all the activities to receive a goody bag and an entry into the grand prize drawing.
- Families may do more than one sheet and earn a grand prize entry for each sheet, but will receive only one goody bag.
- Children under 3 are not eligible to guess on the marshmallow jar.
Teen (June 6—July 30):
This program is for everyone that has completed 6th-12th grade. Registration begins June 6. Download the program flyer or pick one up at the library.
- Upon registration, teens will receive a free book and a game board of challenges. Download the game board here or pick one up at the library.
- Complete the challenges (which are in color-coded sets of three) by reading different types of books or using various library services.
- For each color coded set that is completed, the teen will earn an entry into the prize drawings.
- Complete two sets and earn a free book.
- Complete the whole board and earn 3 extra prize drawing entries!
Adult (June 1—August 31):
This program is for everyone 18 and older. Registration begins on June 1 and adults are welcome to join throughout the summer. Sponsored by the Friends of the James Kennedy Public Library. Download the informational brochure/log here or pick one up at the library.
- Participants will receive a bookbag, bookmark, and a free book just for registering.
- Using a paper log, participants will keep track of books read and activities completed to earn prizes.
- For each item completed, the participant’s name will be entered into the prize drawing.
- Participants completing four items will be able to select a prize from the prize box or pick out another free book.
- Participants completing at least 16 activities, which must include reading at least 4 books, will have completed the program. They will earn a special prize and have their name entered into the grand prize drawing for the Book Lover’s Basket and other prizes.