Kids Can Cook
Kids Can Cook will teach kids ages 9-12 basic kitchen skills and how to make healthy food choices. Classes will be held on Wednesdays and Thursdays from 4:00-5:30 pm. (both classes are the same). There will be 4 sessions that kids can choose from to be held January-April. Each session will last 2-4 weeks and focus on a different theme.
The January session theme will be Snacks. The February session theme will be Breakfast. Other sessions may include lunches, desserts, pasta, or other topics chosen by the kids.
- The first ten minutes of each class will focus on kitchen safety and introductory cooking information, such as how to read a recipe.
- The remainder of each session will be hands-on learning, cooking, and cleaning up. Kitchen safety and cleanliness will be emphasized.
- At the end of the school year, children who have participated in over half of the classes will receive an apron and a locally created cookbook of the recipes they have learned.
- Registration in person is required as a waiver needs to be signed by a parent or legal guardian.
- You may register now for January and February sessions.
- Limit of 12 children per session.
This program is funded by Theisen’s More for Your Community, Dyersville Area Community Foundation, Jeanne M. Coppola Endowment for Education, and the Friends of the James Kennedy Public Library. Proceeds from the 2022 Cookie Walk and 2023 Soup Supper are also supporting the program.