City of Dyersville Water and Sewer Systems Expo
Celebrate Public Works Week 2022 with the Dyersville Public Works Department as we shine a light on Dyersville’s drinking-water delivery system and wastewater disposal system.
- Stop by anytime during this event to talk with the men and women who operate and maintain the City’s water and sewer systems.
- Events will be held both inside the library and in the adjacent parking lot.
- Come see the inside of a fire hydrant and a water valve, witness a demonstration of the in-pipe sewer video-inspection system, observe the operation of the City’s crane used for lifting or removing up to 3,200-lb pumps and other objects, and see the equipment that helps the City to annually exercise nearly 900 water valves through-out town.
- Danielle Will, engineer at FarmTek, will be leading a hands-on activity on water filtration. Build and test your own physical filtration system for contaminated water.
- At 6:00 pm in the Hoffman Room, Public Works staff will give a half-hour presentation on how the City’s water and sewer systems operate. This presentation will be recorded and available on the library’s YouTube channel and the City’s local access channel.
- This program is open to all ages.