Homebound Services: We bring the library to you!
Our homebound services program provides adult services to those who are unable to get to the library because of short/long term illness, non-driver status (senior), physical challenge, or visual disabilities.
- Personalized visits
- Longer lending periods
We can deliver books, large print books, movies, magazines, and audio books right to your home. Here are a few of the examples you can choose form:
- New Fiction
- New Non-Fiction
In order to qualify for homebound services you must:
- be a resident of Dyersville
- have a library card in good standing (if you do not have a card we can sign you up for one)
- be unable to get to the library because of short/long term illness, non-driver status (senior), physical challenge, or visual disabilities.
HOW IT WORKS:
- Before bringing materials to your home, a member of the library staff will call to schedule an interview. At our first meeting we will discuss areas of interest which will better help us understand what types of authors and books you prefer or any other information that may be helpful
- Once we know what you like, we will schedule a time to come to your home to drop off the materials. A library staff member will contact you midway through the loaning period to see what you items you are interested in for our next visit
- The lending period for all items is 2-4 weeks depending on your schedule. You can renew materials once as long as no other patron is waiting for them.
For more information or to sign up please contact Lisa Gaylor at firstname.lastname@example.org or (563) 875-8912.