Use a Computer
Welcome! The James Kennedy Library has a computer lab with five computers all connected to the Internet that is open to the public. We also have free WiFi if you want to bring in your own device.
If you wish to use one of our computers, you need to do a couple of things:
- Sign up for a computer at the circulation desk. Patrons may use a computer for 1 hour.
- Headphones are available to check out at no charge, for 1 hour, if needed.
- You may print from our computers in black and white or in color. Fees are: $.15 a copy for black and white and $.50 a copy for color. Please pay at the circulation desk.
- Please note: if you reside outside of Dyersville, there may be a fee for computer use of $1.00 for each half hour or part thereof. Please inquire at the circulation desk to see if you need to pay.
Some of the useful programs you'll find on our computers include (but are not limited to):
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Publisher
- Microsoft Frontpage
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Streets & Trips
- Microsoft Powerpoint
- Microsoft Photo Editor
- Acrobat Reader 5.0
- Windows Media Player
- Windows Movie Player
- Word Pad