In the Adopt-A-Book Program patrons are encouraged to donate the funds for the purchase of specific materials. Patrons interested in “adopting” can select a specific book, magazine, author, genre, or format they like then the patron contributes the purchase price for that item. As thanks the patron has first opportunity to check the item out and recognition book plates are placed on the item purchased.
Anyone wanting to adopt will be asked to complete an Adopt-A-Book form indicating what they would like the library to purchase and the maximum they are able to contribute. Library staff then order and process the specified items.
- Funds received to “adopt” books are deposited in the Library Trust Account. Invoices for adopted books are paid out of the Library Trust Account.
- Persons wishing to adopt an item are asked to complete a form indicating what they would like purchased, the maximum they are able to pay, and what information they would like on the book plate.
- Adopted books will be shelved with the books purchased from the general account.
- Adopted materials will be evaluated and weeded using the same criteria as is used for the regular collection.
- If possible, adopted books that are withdrawn from the collection will be offered to the adopting person before being added to the Friends book sale materials. Purchase price will be the current price of similar materials in the On-going Materials Sale.
Please contact the library for more information! 563-875-8912.