Hey kids, we have a great area just for you! We have comfy couches, beanbags, and our loft is just waiting for you to use. Pick your favorite spot and read!
Things to do @ the Library:
- Read your favorite books
- Play with our puzzles & toys
- Read our cool magazines
- Play a game on our Learning Stations
- Afternoon movies twice a month
Ongoing Programs for Kids:
Wee Read is a special story time and craft for infants and toddlers up to age 3. Stories, fingerplays, rhymes and songs will open the world of libraries and reading to the younger crowd. There are three Wee Read programs every year: Spring, Summer, and Fall with participants attending one session each week for the duration of the program. Registration is required as space is limited. Stop in or call the library at 563-875-8912 to sign up or to obtain more information.
Story Time is a special story time and craft for 3, 4 and 5 year olds who have not been in Kindergarten. Stories, songs, activities and a simple craft open the door to a love of reading and libraries. There are three Story Time programs every year: Spring, Summer, and Fall with participants attending one session each week for the duration of the program. Registration is required as space is limited. Stop in or call the library at 563-875-8912 to sign up or for more information.
RESOURCES FOR KIDS
- CALDECOTT MEDAL AWARD WINNING BOOKS- The Caldecott Medal was named in honor of nineteenth-century English illustrator Randolph Caldecott. It is awarded annually by the Association for Library Service to Children, a division of the American Library Association, to the artist of the most distinguished American picture book for children.
- IOWA CHILDREN'S CHOICE BOOK AWARDS - See what books are voted as the best books for children by Iowans.
- SLIMEKIDS - This website for elementary/middle age school kids is loaded with book trailers, educational games and literacy-related resources.
- GREAT WEBSITE FOR KIDS - A compendium of great kid's websites put together jointly by the American Library Association and the Association for Library Services to Children.
- AWESOME LIBRARY - Awesome Library organizes the Web with 35,000 carefully reviewed resources, including the top five percent in education.
- DISCOVERY KIDS - inspires kids to explore the awesome world around them and satisfy their curiosity with innovative games, activities, quizzes and articles.
- DISNEY ONLINE - Official online resource to all things Disney: theme parks, resorts, movies, Disney Channel programs, characters, games, videos, music, shopping, and more.
- NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC KIDS - Features different people, animals, and places each month with facts, games, activities, and related links.
- NICK JR. - Find preschool activities & preschool kids games for your preschooler & children featuring Dora, Diego, & more.-
- PBS KIDS - Play educational games, watch PBS Kids shows and find activities like coloring and music.
- SI FOR KIDS - Sports Illustrated KIDS delivers the excitement, passion, and fun of sports to kids, tweens and young teens in an action-oriented, authentic and interactive style. The authority on kids and sports, SI KIDS reflects the interests and humor of its audience.
Have questions or suggestions about events or resources for Kids? Contact our children's librarian, Kim Benton-Hermsen at firstname.lastname@example.org or (563) 875-8912.